Happy days are here again: My scale number is back to moving in the right -- as in light -- direction! My scale tells me that I lost 2.6 pounds this past week for a four-week total of 12.4 pounds.
For those of you who like statistics, that's a healthy average of 3.1 pounds lost per week.
I have to confess... I have done well even without starting my fitness plan. It excites me to think of how my metabolism will kick into overdrive once I start walking and working out on a regular basis.
As I glance out my home office window, I see a blanket of fresh snow on the ground so I know outdoor activity for me won't come for several more weeks. But I do have a good treadmill in the garage, free weights and a shiny new 10-minute home workout device to get me started.
In case you haven't heard, I am losing weight while following the deliciously filling Diet-to-Go Low-Fat Traditional meal plan. My new week's meals arrived via FedEx like clockwork yesterday. The breakfasts, lunches and dinners are already sorted by days; some are in my kitchen fridge while the rest await me in the garage freezer.
Have I told you lately that I love this plan?
Over the past decade, it has helped me lose about 100 pounds overall -- that's the total from the four times I have earnestly followed the program.
The five major benefits of a Diet-to-Go meal plan:
1. No meal planning! Our food meets the guidelines of organizations like the American Heart Association and American Dietetic Association. It's chef-prepared food that also gets approval from our registered dietitian.
2. No food shopping! When I say you get everything you need for a week, I mean everything. That includes the little extras like the yogurts, light mayo, ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauces! Oh, and let's not forget the juices, rolls, muffins and whole fruit!
3. No cooking! I open the silverware drawer and grab one knife and fork in the morning and I am good to go for the day. I microwave or bake and broil my meals in their containers, then place the food on a paper plate and enjoy. The food goes from fridge to table in as little as three minutes!
4. No complaining about food that tastes like cardboard! These meals are fantastic. It's like having a personal chef cooking great meals just for you! I have so many favorites. And the few meals I do not love? I simply go online to www.diettogo.com and use the substitution process.
5. It's cost effective! The money you spend on Diet-to-Go isn't above and beyond your normal weekly food budget. You need to eat and you will spend money on food that may or may not be good for you. I know I was spending more per day when I was commuting to work and plunking down fistfuls of my hard-earned cash for coffee and donuts or a bagel at breakfast, then restaurant meals for lunch.
Okay, so here are my five favorite meals of this past week. If you follow Diet-to-Go and me on Twitter or Facebook you know how much I LOVE this food!
Mr. Bad Food's Top 5 Picks of the Week
1. Turkey salisbury steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and sesame breadsticks
2. 10" turkey cutlet sub with pepper relish and American cheese
3. Chicken Brunswick stew with corn and lentil loaf
4. Blackened turkey tenderloin with carrot chipotle puree and asparagus risotto
5. Whole-grain pancakes with strawberry maple syrup and 2 turkey sausage links
With five weeks of menus, the food never gets boring and the weight loss never gets old!
Author: John McGran