We’ve all heard about the problem – obesity is an epidemic, and it’s getting worse. Changing your eating habits and behaviors can be intimidating, especially when it comes to our hectic lifestyles. For most of us, taking part in intense exercise regimens or extreme diets is just plain not going to happen.
That’s the sad truth – your path to change is often cluttered with extremes. From fad dieting, to overly rigid diet and exercise program and worse, it’s difficult for many Americans to find and stick with something that actually works.
That’s why we think it’s so important to advocate for common-sense healthy choices – choices that are reasonable, that YOU can make and stick with – choices that are enjoyable. Food should be tasty, not bland. Exercising in moderation – even making small, everyday changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator – can lead to real, tangible changes in both your mindset and health.
To combat the clutter and bring it back to the middle-ground, Diet-to-Go will be hosting a live two-day Tweetathon, complete with fun giveaways, to start a genuine conversation around what it means to make common-sense choices that can be maintained and work for people long-term.
Diet-to-Go will use the Tweetathon as a forum, inviting tweeters to give their input on making healthier choices, share their story and respond to questions that will help give them an idea of what they can do to live a healthier life.
• Begins: March 16 at 9:00 a.m. EST
• Ends: March 17 at 5:00 p.m. EST
• Hashtags: #diettogo and #tweetathon
• Follow: @diettogo to make sure you don’t miss any tweets!
• Each tweet during the Tweetathon using the hashtag #diettogo and #tweetathon enters you for a chance to win.
• Must be a legal U.S. resident
• Must be 18 or older
• Employees and family members of Diet-to-Go are not eligible
• Winners will be selected at random and announced throughout the Tweetathon weekend.
• 5 winners will receive a free week of meals from Diet-to-Go (5 day plan)
• 5 winners will receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card
• No purchase necessary
• Prize winners are responsible to abide by all federal, state and local taxes and must be 18 or older
• All winners will be notified by Twitter and/or email on March 16 or 17
• Void where prohibited by law.
• To request a copy of the official rules or to obtain a list of winners, please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Diet-to-Go 8533-F Terminal Road Lorton, VA 22079