Workout At Work - Quick 15 Minute Workout At Your Desk
Apr 10, 2011
Instead of perusing the internet, downing caffeine, or snacking at your desk; throw in a quick workout to stay fit and increase your effectiveness at work.
Do a quick warm-up, grab a sturdy chair (no wheels) and a solid wall. Start with 15 reps of each move and increase reps as you improve.
- Wall Squats: keep your back flat against the wall and squat.
- Lunges: place back heel against the wall and front leg forward. Lunge. Switch legs.
- Calve Raises: Use the wall for balance lift heels and lower. 45s/15 reps
- Wall Push-up: Lift on toes and use the wall to pushup
- Close-Arm Wall Push-up: Use the wall with the hands and arms close together
- Triceps Dip: Use the chair and move to the end of the chair, legs in front and dip your body.
- Bent Knee Leg Kicks: Sit tall on your chair to work the legs. Flex-up, Extend, bend, release. Switch legs.
- Chair Abs: sit closer to the edge of the chair. Lean back and hold, do reverse crunches.
- Stretch: Use the chair and stretch for the last four minutes. Sidebends, shoulder circles, arms and leg stretches.
* Downloadable Workouts to Take With You (for smartphones, ipods, etc.)
Author: Lillie Lancaster